Featuring Rich Tock
Erin Hills is a course like none other — routed over the kettle moraine areas left by glaciers, surrounded by wetlands and a river, on ground that consists of glacial till of varied composition of sand and small rock. It was an unconventional decision for a golf course in Wisconsin.
The course was designed to accommodate the 2017 U.S. Open, in terms of both the challenge to the players and the logistics of the spectators. This mix of traditional and modern elements as well as a championship test will leave many golfers with the feeling that they’ve never played anywhere like Erin Hills. Played as a stop in a Wisconsin tour of magnificent golf destinations, or enjoyed as a multi-day, stay-and-play golf retreat; either way, Erin Hills is certainly a crown jewel for any Wisconsin buddy golf trip.
Rich Tock has been a PGA Professional for 43 years and is currently The Ambassador at Erin Hills Golf Course. Rich is draped with many accolades including a 2 Time Golf Professional of the Year in Wisconsin, a 6 Time Senior Player of the Year in Wisconsin, a Senior Player of the decade and last fall he was inducted into the Wisconsin Golf Hall of Fame.
Guest: Rich Tock
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- A country club experience at a public facility. They will make you feel like family and strive to make your experience second to none
- Make your reservations at least six months in advance to secure your accommodations
- Jason Kauflin – Wisconsin Golf Travel
- Bandon Dunes
- Sand Valley
- Destination Kohler
- 2022 USGA MidAm Championship
- 2025 Womens US Open
Absolute Must Experiences While Visiting:
- Take a Caddie – since Erin Hills is walking only, why not take in the full experience?
- Play the Kettle Loop – five holes that are a reconstructed version of the first few holes. Meant to be played after the last tee time of the day
- Go putt on the Drumlin – lighted for all guests to enjoy until late in the evening
- Try Wisconsin’s own Spotted Cow Beer
- Play a second round!
- Enjoy the Caddie Barn – reserved for caddies during the day. Once gone, guests can come in and enjoy big screen TV’s, pool, darts. Great opportunity to meet other groups at the same time
- Try a Fescue Rescue cocktail – the unique cocktail of Erin Hills
- Order the Blue Cheese Dip Appetizer
- The Golf Trip Authority will buy the first round of beers for your group of 8 or more with Rich, RULES:
- Rich must be available and present
- Please contact Rich through the reservations line ahead of time to schedule/coordinate
- Reservations call 262.670.8600 to book your tee time and/or lodging
- Erinhills.com – great tool to get a sense for how special this property has to offer