013 – Sand Valley (feat. Steve Kurtz)
Featuring Steve Kurtz
Guest: Steve Kurtz
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Two great 18 hole links style golf courses (Sand Valley and Mammoth Dunes) along with the 17 hole Sand Box. Biggest recommendation from Steve during your stay- playing all three courses is key!
- All courses are walking only. Sand Valley’s management has sponsored a very strong caddie program of over 200 professionals in the short three years that they have been open.
- Sand Valley’s daily fees are very straightforward. Normal rate (based on the time of year) for the first 18. Half off the second 18. If adventurous enough, the third round in complimentary. And if you are wanting even more, the Sand Valley team will PAY you $100 if you complete the fourth 18!
- Looking for something other than golf? Try one of the 15 fescue grass tennis courts or rent a fat tire bike and explore the trails around the property! ( https://sandvalley.com/beyond-golf)
- Check out the Heathland Cup event in the Fall. This is Sand Valley’s signature 54-hole two person event. (https://sandvalley.com/2020events/heathlandcup)
Key Resources Mentioned:
- All accommodations at Sand Valley have views of the golf courses and there are many firepits around the property
- Check out the Summer Solstice event in late June. All the golf you can get in from sun up to sun down!
- The food truck at the Sand Box is the newest addition for those wanting some great casual food on the course
- The Glacial Lake & Dunes Valley Cottages are great options for groups of eight. Fantastic views of Lake Leopold (https://sandvalley.com/lake-leopold-cottage) and a spacious common area to relax in.
- Do not miss trying the highly recommended Pork Shank at Aldo’s Farm and Table and the laid back ambience for your post round cocktail at the Mammoth Bar (https://sandvalley.com/dining).
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and receive…
- Steve and the team at Sand Valley are BUYING TACOS at Craigs Porch!!! Terms Apply. Just mention the podcast when joining to redeem.
Guest Contact Information:
- Sand Valley Resort: www.sandvalley.com or at TripCaddie.com
- Reservation Phone Number: 1-888-398-8671
- Organize your group’s golf trip information all in one place with TripCaddie’s Golf Trip Manager and get 25% off with coupon code AWESOME25.
- Golf Travel has never been easier with Ship Sticks. Get 10% OFF NOW!