Featuring Zac Keener
This bucket list 18-hole championship golf course will deliver a world class experience for every golfer on your buddy trip!
Guest: Zac Keener
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Chambers Bay was an old Rock and Sand Quary; In fact, a lot of the sand base layer of most golf courses came from this site. Sorting Bins still exist on the course today.
- Located on Puget Sound; and has everything the Pacific Northwest is notorious for. Rain, islands, Mt. Rainier
- 45mins from Sea-Tac International Airport
- #24 of the greatest golf courses by Golf Digest
- A true links course spanning 250 acres except for the ONE iconic tree named: The Lone Fir
- A Robert Trent Jones walking course only
- Home to 2015 US Open
Key Resources Mentioned:
- For Buddies Trips, there are 3 golf courses within 50 minute drive of Chambers Bay: Home Course in Dupont and Golf Mountain Golf Complex in Bremerton
- Lots of great golf in the area and they have a nice packages for buddies that include Chambers Bay and others
- Hosting 2021 US Amateur 4-ball championship;
- Washington State Amateur in August
- Pacific Northwest 4 ball – 3 course layout (open to the public!)
- Signature 15 hole – Par 3
- Social Six – 6 hole loop with tastings from local distilleries
- Tacoma is close, but it has plenty of lodging like Silver Cloud Hotel and restaurants
- Chambers Bay Grill – you can see all 18 holes of the golf course; Try the Chowder!
- One of the only western facing restaurants – Killer Sunsets
- Other great places: Asado (Argentine chophouse), Ruston Waterfront, down in Tacoma
- Don’t leave without experiencing the greater park system before or after your trip. Essential meadow, public beach, Great biking, hiking and fishing.
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and receive…
- The ULTIMATE BUDDIES TRIP (WORLD PREMIER RIGHT HERE ON OUR SHOW!)
- Contact Anthony Shipman for a VERY special offer to groups of eight or more and your trip leader. Just mention the podcast upon reservation to redeem this gift from the Club.
Guest Contact Information:
- Chambers Bay: www.chambersbaygolf.com
- Special Buddies Trip Link
- Reservation Phone Number: 877-295-4657