Cabot Cape Breton
(a.k.a. Cabot Links)
Featuring Ted Stonehouse
Guest: Ted Stonehouse
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Cabot is located in the northwestern part of Nova Scotia (New Scotland) on Cape Breton island. Halifax Airport is the most popular airport for most guests to fly in to – about three hours drive to the resort. Cabot has seven sprinter vans available if needed for the trip in.
- 72 rooms offered on property and all have views of the course and the water in the distance. Groups should consider a 4 bedroom villa – first class accommodations! (https://www.cabotlinks.com/resort/accommodations/villas/4-bedroom-golf-villas/)
- Enjoy the laid back Panorama Restaurant with some of the best food prepared by Chef Malcolm. ( https://www.cabotlinks.com/resort/dining/panorama-restaurant/) Cabot Bar is below the restaurant and is literally located just off the 18th
- The Celtic music is one the most popular attractions of the area – also, the Cabot Trail is a 4 ½ hour drive that is ranked as tops by Conde Nast magazine.
- Cabot Links (currently ranked 35th in the world) is the original golf course. Cabot Cliffs is a Coore Crenshaw design that is punctuated with dramatic views of the Cape Breton shoreline
- For those wanting something other than golf, take in some of the rich local tradition by joining a ceilidh (pronounced “kay-lee”). It is here that your group can enjoy the music, dancing, and story telling that define Cape Breton!
- The Nest – 10 hole short course that ranges from 90 yards to 230 yards. Sure to be a great place to hang following a long day of golf
- The Cabot Public House is located between the Lodge and the main street of Inverness. For those wanting a great pub experience, this is the place to be!
- Don’t miss the fish tacos and the lobster sandwich at the halfway house!
- Cabot is walking only – there are 240 caddies with many that are from the area and can share some of the local knowledge both on and off the course
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and receive…
- Ted and his team have a VERY special offer to groups of eight or more. Just mention the podcast upon arrival to redeem this gift from the Club.
Guest Contact Information:
- Cabot Links: www.cabotlinks.com or at TripCaddie.com
- Reservation Phone Number: 1-855-749-0734 – talk to Ted and his people with all your questions