016 – Forest Dunes (feat. Don Helinski)
Featuring Don Helinski
Your Bucket List experience at Forest Dunes is purely a golf one. You won’t find a pool or spa here, just 54 memorable golf holes cut through the northern Michigan forest. Some say they are in the middle of nowhere, but that’s what they like about it.
Nestled on 500 acres of heavily wooded land within the Huron National Forest, Forest Dunes has become one of the country’s most peaceful and exciting golf experiences. It is home to the celebrated Tom Weiskopf-designed, parkland-style classic, Forest Dunes course, and the innovative reversible Tom Doak course, called the Loop.
It doesn’t stop there, Forest Dunes is proud to have opened its 10-hole, short course this year next to its exciting 18-hole Hilltop putting course! At Forest Dunes, you will escape and experience world class golf with small town hospitality in this ultimate buddies’ trip getaway.
Guest: Don Helinski
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- 54 holes of golf across three fantastic courses located in the Huron Forest – three in the top 50 courses in the US!
- Best time of the year is in early fall to take in the great climate and the Fall colors
- The 10 hole short course (no name yet) was just opened – it starts and ends at the covered outdoor pavilion. Great casual option for those wanting to play a little more to settle bets at the end of the day!)
- The Loop course is a reversable Tom Doak course – play one way the first day and the other way on the second. Completely different experiences. The only other reversible course is St. Andrews.
Key Resources Mentioned:
- Forest Dunes offers 127 beds across three different options (the Lodge, the Villas, and the Cottages). Perfect for groups and conveniently located to the main clubhouse.
- All Forest Dunes’ courses have partnered with Caddiemaster for a professional caddie experience.
- Don’t miss the 19th hole on the Forest Dunes course with a bunker in the middle of the green. This was built to settle all matches that are ties after 18.
- The resort features a 2 acre putting course called the HillTop.
- The clubhouse offers two main dining areas along with two firepits outside – all overlooking the Forest Dunes course. The Pavilion offers casual dining as well.
- Check out the Duel at the Loop that offers both routings of the Loop in one day. Once completed, you become a member of the Loop 36er Club!
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and Receive…
- Don and his team have a VERY special offer to groups of eight or more. Just mention the podcast upon arrival to redeem this gift from the Club
Guest Contact Information:
- Forest Dunes Golf: www.forestdunesgolf.com or at TripCaddie.com
- Reservation Phone Number: 1-989-275-0700 – talk to Don and his people with all your questions
- Organize your group’s golf trip information all in one place with TripCaddie’s Golf Trip Manager and get 25% off with coupon code AWESOME25.
- Golf Travel has never been easier with Ship Sticks. Get 10% OFF NOW!