017 – Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort and Spa (feat. Brad Scott)
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort and Spa
(a.k.a. TPC Sawgrass)
Featuring Brad Scott
On a 415-acre tract of swampland in northeast Florida, the history of golf would be altered forever. On that site, ground was broken for what would become THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. Opening in 1980, THE PLAYERS Stadium was built to challenge the pros like no other golf course had done before, while providing an unprecedented experience for spectators at the same time. Renowned architect Pete Dye began to scribble on a placemat drawing out the makings of a course. The rest is history.
Now, as the world headquarters of professional golf, and the home to THE PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP, the golf courses at TPC Sawgrass offer an unparalleled experience boasting two immaculately-maintained golf courses, both designed by the legendary Pete Dye.
Along with the Sawgrass Marriott® Golf Resort & Spa, TPC Sawgrass offers you and your buddies a PGA Tour Experience like none other. As a host to several PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour events and home to several PGA TOUR pros, this bucket list destination will indulge the competitive spirit of your buddy golf trip.
Guest: Brad Scott
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Sawgrass is the home of The PLAYERS championship with 36 holes of golf offered with the iconic Stadium Course – Dye’s Valley is a hidden gem that has water on 14 of the 18 holes!
- Best time of the year is in early Spring before the Players Championship and in December after the over-seeding has had a chance to grow in. Only 45 minutes from Jacksonville’s airport!
- The Stadium course is 100% walking only with a great caddie program. Dye’s Valley is typically 90 degrees with when using carts.
- The Yard is a new 9 hole course that has been added recently and is adjacent to the Stadium Course
Key Resources Mentioned:
- The Sawgrass Marriott offers both hotel and villa accommodations on the property. Perfect for groups and conveniently located to the main clubhouse.
- The Cabana Beach club is open to the guest of the Marriott and is situated right on the Atlantic beach
- Shuttles are provided on a complimentary basis to get your groups from point to point on the resort
- The resort offers two great restaurants – Vernon’s (fine dining) and Alice and Pete’s Pub are great options on property.
- Graeme McDowell’s restaurant – Nona Blue is another restaurant not to miss when in Ponte Vedra
- There is a floating hole (70 yards) just outside the clubhouse and all proceeds are donated to the local First Tee in Ponte Vedra
- The Sawgrass Marriott Resort and Spa was recently rated in the top ten for buddy golf trips!
- Check out the World Golf Hall of Fame that is located only 30 minutes away.
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and Receive…
- Brad and his team have a VERY special offer to groups of eight or more. Just mention the podcast upon arrival to redeem this gift from the Club
- Organize your group’s golf trip information all in one place with TripCaddie’s Golf Trip Manager and get 25% off with coupon code AWESOME25.
- Golf Travel has never been easier with Ship Sticks. Get 10% OFF NOW!