A Mike Strantz Masterpiece
Described as “Pine Valley on steroids” and “golf’s rock and roll thrill ride”, Tobacco Road Golf Club is certainly unique. Carving his way through an old sand quarry, the late Mike Strantz created one of the most celebrated and talked about courses in the world. Consistently rated amongst the nation’s best, Tobacco Road showcases 18 drop-dead signature holes set amidst rolling Sandhills and golden love grass. The scene is so breath-taking you will want to bring along your camera to forever capture the greatness of “The Road”.
We feel rewarding accomplishments are seldom easily gained but pulled off with the odds seemingly against you. Playing at a length of 6500 yards from the Ripper tees, Tobacco Road was rated as high as second in slope in both North and South Carolina just behind the famed Ocean Course at Kiawah Island, site of the 1991 Ryder Cup. Therefore, we do not guarantee your best round the first trip ’round The Road, but we are certain you will remember the ride! Simply put, Tobacco Road will be the most fascinating, heart-racing and fulfilling golf experience you will ever play.
Since its opening in 1998, Tobacco Road has been busy adding to its trophy case with the following:
– 4.5 Stars Best Places to Play – Golf Digest
– Best New Course in North Carolina – 1999
– Top 10 You Can Play – Golf Magazine
– Top 10 Upscale Public Course – Golf Digest
– Most Adventurous Course in America – Golf Magazine 2006
– Best Clubhouse in America – GolfInc Magazine
– #10 Toughest Golf Course in America – Golf Digest