012 – The Friars Club (feat. Don Bostic)
The Friars Club
Featuring Don Bostic
Guest: Don Bostic
Key Take-Away’s From This Episode:
- Founded in 1994, there is only one rule that goes with the Friars Club – You’ll have to listen to find out! But, everyone is welcome with a common love for the game of golf.
- Many of the members of the Friars Club share the experience of their own private clubs with the broader membership through day events and informal hosting
- The Friar’s membership is very welcoming to all skill levels and strives to make each trip as streamlined as possible to maximize the full experience of the destination
Key Resources Mentioned:
- Most trips are over three days with an opening dinner on Thursday night and a closing dinner following the last round on Saturday
- Trips vary quite a bit from “golf only” at some resorts (Sand Valley, Bandon Dunes, Cabot Links, etc.) to taking in some of the local flavor and offerings while visiting destinations (Pinehurst, Turning Stone, etc)
- The Friars membership fosters a sense of comaradery and an ability to network with like-minded people who enjoy the game of golf!
Mention The Golf Trip Authority Podcast and receive…
- Don and The Friars Club has a VERY special discount off the initiation fee! Just mention the podcast when joining to redeem.
Guest Contact Information:
- The Friars Club website: thefriars.com
- Instagram: @friarsgolfclub
- Executive Director Don Bostic: 910-639-2712 | Don@thefriars.com
- Organize your group’s golf trip information all in one place with TripCaddie’s Golf Trip Manager and get 25% off with coupon code AWESOME25.
- Golf Travel has never been easier with Ship Sticks. Get 10% OFF NOW!